Friday, February 23, 2007

Back from Malaysia

We just got back from our 8 day long trip to Penang Island, Malaysia and I wanted to share it with everyone. I am going to try out blogging and see if I am better at updating this than I was at updating the yahoo group that I originally set up when we moved out here.

We had a great time, but it was not as nice as our previous trips. The hotel that we stayed at was ok, but not as nice was we were expecting. We had wanted to go scuba diving, but the only place that we found that offered it looked a bit scary, so we decided not to go since we were not confident that they a)knew what they were doing or b)the equipment were up to our standards (nothing worse than having a faulty regulator 30 meters down!)

We took a few day trips that the kids really enjoyed. We went to Orang Utan Island where they breed Orang Utans and they let them run wild on the island. It was really neat, they have a 100 meter long cage that the people are in while the Orang Utans have roam of the island. They also have nurseries for the babies, that Jillian really liked. They had cribs set up and there were two babies, diapers and all, in there while we touring. Next we went to Eco Park where we were able to feed and hold many different animals. I had Squirrel Monkeys climb on top of me trying to get the banana that I was holding. Now, normally monkeys really freak me out, but these were so small (third smallest monkeys on earth) and really cute so I was ok with them. We were the only ones in the park that day so we had our own personal guide bringing us around. There was an animal show, which being the only visitors that day, we had a private viewing. When they asked for a volunteer from the audience, Noah got to participate in the activities. Then we were all able to hold Ronnie the Amazing Parrot! We also were able to hold an iguana (which we didn't because it was really big!), guinea pigs, mice (Jillian's absolute favorite), hampsters and rabbits.

Its getting late now so I will try and post more tomorrow (and hopefully figure out how to put pictures in too), be sure to check back!

2 comments:

yarnophiliac said...

Awesome! I love blogs! yay! now you have to read and comment on mine, you know.

GAIL said...

I am so enjoying seeing and reading about your new little treasure. She is really a cutie. Can't wait to meet her sometime.
GAIL