Sunday, February 25, 2007



Here we are with Ronnie the Amazing Parrot. I've finally figured out how to put pictures on here, so hopefully I will keep adding.

There isn't much more to say about the trip, we went on three tours and the rest of the time we stayed at the hotel. I was disappointed with their gym facility. I am training for a 10K race and needed to keep up my program and we got there and the gym was really nice, except it had NO TREADMILL! So Todd and I had the kids go to the Kids Club a few times while we took out bikes for a good workout.

Oh, one thing that we saw that I wish we didn't was a monkey that was carrying her baby get hit by a car RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!!! It was horrible. We were getting ready to go into a restaurant and I called the kids over to see this monkey and baby that was right next to us. As soon as they came over to look, she decided to run across the street, and get hit by a car! It was very traumatizing. The good thing was that she did run off after, so we are hoping that she didn't get too hurt! But that bothered me so much afterwards. I couldn't get the image or the sound out of my head. I think the kids didn't really realize what happened because as soon as I saw I moved them real quick so I don't think they really knew what happened.

I still have to say though that monkeys still freak me out! I don't know what it is about them but they are just scary little creatures. Except for the squirrel monkeys that we saw all the other ones were just freaky! Anyone else feel this way? I remember when Ross had Marcel the Monkey it used to really bother me.

There is still no new news about the adoption so we are just patiently (which if you know me, is not easy for me!) waiting for the package to come with the baby's picture and the ok to pick her up!

Todd just got the call last night from his boss from the States with the news that we are definitely moving to the Dominican Republic. Timberland has been great and is letting us do the timeline. So we will be moving there sometime between June and August, giving us time to settle with the baby before having to move. So everyone pack your beach bags and plan to come visit us in the Caribbean (since no one came to visit us here...except Mom and Dad) We plan on getting a big house so we can have plenty of visitors!

Till next time!

1 comment:

yarnophiliac said...

YAY! Can't wait for you to move. It will be so great! You are still going to spend the summer here, right? I can't wait to meet the baby -- sucks it is taking so long, but I know she will be worth the wait. Any idea on names yet? Are you sharing?
Horrible about the monkey. And no, they don't freak me out, but I'm not a huge fan either. Love you! Kisses to the kids...