Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Sleep anyone?

For the last few days I have been having a really hard time sleeping at night. It all started a few days back when I had a really strange dream. I dreamt that we got our referral envelope. In the dream, I felt all the emotions as if it was real. The excitement to open this envelope and see our new daughter. As I opened it, with Todd alongside me, I looked at the picture of the "baby" that was matched to us. I kept looking at the picture and was very confused because it was not a picture of a baby, but of a young woman. When I looked at the birthdate of our potential daughter it was October 18, 1983!!! We had been referred a 24 year old! I still remember the disappointment set in when I realized that of course we would have to reject this referral which meant we would have to wait yet again for another referral, this one for a baby.

Now I know that this cannot really happen. Heck, they don't allow anyone over 16 years of age to be adopted in China, but I still felt the kick in the stomach when I realized that we would have to wait some more.

Ever since that dream, I have been laying in bed at night with all possible scenarios and problems that could arise and paperwork that we need to do, and such. It really stinks!

Got an update yesterday and it appears that all the April Dossiers have been sent referrals so now they are actively matching us to our daughter. But they still don't know how long it will be until we get the actual referral. We are still praying that we have her in time for our flight that is booked for June 27th. If you could also keep us in your prayers, I would really appreciate it.

Ok, well that's it for now. Bye!

2 comments:

Kaytee said...

Hi Nikki,

I hope that the matching process is going well. I'm sure you are all very excited about a new addition to the family! Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep that's going on! What a great experience you all have had; I'm so jealous!

I spoke with your mom at Easter and she mentioned that things look promising for the DR. Let me know if you're still interested in having me meet with the kids over the summer to teach them some Spanish.

See you all soon!~

yarnophiliac said...

Hey sweetie -- hope you are sleeping better. Any news YET???