Monday, May 28, 2007

Grace is ours!











I am writing this now in a very stinky hotel room. Grace has decided to do her first poopie diaper for us and it is a STINKER!!!

We arrived at the Adoption Center this morning at 9 am. After quickly reviewing the accuracy of some of our paperwork, all of a sudden in comes a careworker with Grace! We had no preparation, they didn't tell us they were coming in the room, we turned around and there she was! She is absolutely gorgeous. And she has an incredible personality. We've had her now for 5.5 hours and all we've heard was a wimper when she was tired. She has fallen asleep in both Todd and my arms. She took her bottle from Mommy with absolutely no problems.

We have also discovered that she is very very ticklish. We just have to squeeze her a little and she just starts giggling! Oh my, I can not put into words my feelings right now. It is like we have had her from the day she is born. She looks into our eyes and smiles and is just too cute for words. I'm hoping this shows that she will not have issues with bonding and attachment, but I think it is a little too early to tell yet.

I hope you enjoy these early photos we have of Gracie. I will update more soon!

7 comments:

Manda said...

Grace is so beautiful!!! We are so excited for your family and thought of you all several times today. We look forward to seeing more pictures.
Manda

DisneyKim90 said...

I'm in tears. She is beautiful. Did you take video too? I can't wait to see her. Are you on skype at all?

DisneyKim90 said...

We have a new cousin! She is so cute! Congratulations Auntie Nikki and Uncle Todd! We can't wait to see her. Give her a squeeze from us and watch her laugh.
Love, Rose & Katie

AndyJodiandkids said...

She is so cute. Can't wait to see her in person. Congratulations Nikki and Todd and to Noah and Jillian for being big brother and sister (again for Noah). The kids say Uncle Todd should not wear glasses (it shows his age)

Andy

Wendy said...

congratulations!!! she is so beautiful and will fit in well with your family. i am so excited for you that this day finally came. keep sending us pictures!!
love, wendy and scott

Umbrian Adventure said...

Congratulations to the Tierneys, especially to little Gracie who is one lucky little girl!!! God bless you for the wonderful gift you have given her, and God bless her and her new brother and sister!

yarnophiliac said...

I've already shown these pictures to just about everyone I know -- I'll be posting a link on my blog soon too. She is just PERFECT! I can't wait to meet her. My friend Jessie in VT will most likely be visiting the blog, too. She has a beautiful little girl she adopted from China who is now Rachel's age, and commented on how amazing it is that this little person from 1/2 the world over was meant for them, and they for her. I'm sure you are feeling the same!